75100385

I gave my niece 3000£ to keep when I was having a problem

I gave my niece 3000£ to keep for me when I was having a problem with my husband but when I asked her to give the money back last year she said she had spent it but will pay back in January 2015 but when I asked her in January she said she had no cash and now I cannot get hold of her by email or by phone.
Please help.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : When you lent the money was anything in writing please?
Customer:

Sorry for delay Alex and no there was nothing in writing but she has not denied receiving the cash

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

Thanks Alex I will write and let you know how it goes.