Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

, I am a beneficiary in my Step Fathers will along with

Customer Question

Hello, I am a beneficiary in my Step Fathers will along with other siblings. We are worried that his partner, with whom our relationship is very tenuous is about to complete on their house sale and is not letting the other executor, my uncle, see the accounts and has said she will take her money and give the rest to another family member to give out. She is saying there is a huge loan that no one knew about and has not at all performed her role openly as co executor. What can we do? we need to act urgently.
Naomi
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I trust the house was in the joint names of your Step Father and his partner, and that you and your siblings are entitled to share his half share?

How come your Uncle, the co-Executor is not involved in the Sale?

If you could let me have some more information, that would assist.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi to be honest it's a very complicated set up, 3 of us have a named amount and then his two natural children, my brother and sister receive a share. The communication has broken down terribly and the partner is not telling my uncle anything. I think this may be a bit too complicated to go into online... The estate has been set up in a very odd way.

Can I ask as I am not sure .. have I paid yet or how do I cancel? Sorry realizing this may be not the best route for me?

I am concerned ive signed up to something?

Thank you so much

Hi Naomi,

You haven't been charged yet (only if you give positive feedback will your money be taken/ I get credited). So, please feel free not to give any feedback, if you don't wish to proceed.

Good luck

Al