Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My dad died three years ago and the deeds of the house was

My dad died three years ago and the deeds of the house was split into his and my name as i lived with him so we had half a share each.in his will my sister got his share of the house, the house was valued after he passed away for probate purposes and my sister now wants her share of the house value would she legally be entitled to half of the valuation of the house three ago or a current valuation now thanks
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You both are still joint legal oners of the property, so if it were sold, you would both be entitled to 50% each of the net proceeds of sale. Likewise, if your sister would now like "her share" this would be based on today's market value and not the Probate valuation.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards

Al