12826847

We are next door to a hotel and have access to our property

Customer Question

We are next door to a hotel and have access to our property over all of their car park. We run a business and have various deliveries. If a van stops on the car park to deliver, can we be held responsible for his stopping on the Hotel's car park? If so what action are we obliged to take?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you clarify that you are asking what the owner of the Hotel can do to prevent your delivery vans parking there, and what action they can take against you?

Could you also confirm that you have a legal right of way ove rthe hotel car park to gain access to and from your property?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ForCustomer/p>

It is not a question of parking, it is a question of stopping to unload/load. Yes we have access in deeds over the whole of their car park. If you can give specific help we could email relevant extracts for straight opinion of what the wording means - at which time you can give us your costs.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Please feel free to forward the emails, and I will look into these for you.

Kind Regards

Al