HiI am to be prosecuted - 36mph in a 30

I am to be prosecuted for speeding - 36mph in a 30 limit in January 2014 by a camera van in a rural location in Dorset. I disputed the charge and submitted evidence that shows the prosecution photographic evidence and the stated location are two entirely different locations. One is woodland on a left hand bend, and the other fields and hedgerows on a straight road! I have a clean driving licence that I intend to keep.

The hearing has just been cancelled again and another new date set for June this year, this is the third time the court has cancelled the hearing, each time resetting a date some 4 – 5 months ahead, is there a time limit that the case can be brought. It seems to me that as they are unable to contest my evidence, they are just going to cancel and reset the hearing indefinitely, is there anything I can do to bring this to an end? Can I impose costs for my time and stress caused by the nonsense evidence and delays?

Doug Pannell

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know why it has been adjourned

The first adjournment to allow another case to overrun, I had attended court and waited for two hours before being told. 2nd time to make way for another trial to overrun again, I was notified two days prior. This 3rd time for unforeseen circumstances. Obviously I don't want the stress of this hanging over me for another year, especially when I can prove the prosecution evidence is false.

Actually the letter says my trial date has been vacated due to a 3 day trial to run into 5 days and this date has been chosen so all parties could attend

Alex Watts : Can you impose costs - no

Is there anything that I can do or am I held at the mercy of intended prosecution at the courts will for as long as they like?

Alex Watts : You can only claim legal costs if they have been incurred.
Alex Watts : Sadly it's at the courts discretion to adjourn not the prosecution
Alex Watts : Potentially they can keep adjourning it but it is likely to go ahead next time.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

There should be a limit on time passed or number of adjournments or this could drag on indefinitely.

Alex Watts : there should be sadly there is not.

Ok, Thank you for clarifying this for me.

Alex Watts : i am sorry
Alex Watts : can I clairfy anything else for you?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience