75100385

Alex I have been charged a vehicle that was in

I have been charged for driving a vehicle that was in an accident causing damage to both my car and another car. I have no recollection of being the driver at the time. I have since been charged by the police due to forensic evidence being present in the car. I have fully comp insurance and they have already paid out for the damage to my car. I have always told the Insurance that I was not the driver at the time of accident as that is what I truly believe. Could I be held liable for cost for damage to vehicles?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** thanks for requesting me.
Alex Watts : Have the insurance last night?
Alex Watts : paid out I meant
Customer:

The Insurance have paid out on my car but not sure if they have paid out on the other car involved in the accident

Alex Watts :

Ok, what is the charge?

Customer:

drink driving

Alex Watts :

If they have already paid out, then they won't come after you.

Alex Watts :

This is because even if they void the policy, they can not do it retrospective and claim the money back

Alex Watts :

So they won't come after you

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Alex just one other thing I have always pleaded not guilty of being the drink driver as that is what truly believe. But because of forensic evidence (mine) being present in the car despite the fact that I have owned the car from new I have been convicted by the courts and found guilty. Does that change your comments ?

Alex Watts :

No it does not.

Alex Watts :

My comments are the same, save if there is an exclusion of this sort in the insurance policy, which you need to check

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

Yes that give me reasonable clarity