75100385

we got mortgage from lloyds.got acceptance from underwriters,

we got mortgage from lloyds.got acceptance from underwriters, but when we applied we did not told them that i might be pregnant(at the time of applying i did not known, but in the process of being accepted, we also got a confirmation of our pregnancy).now we got the mortgage and just started arranging for a checks on the house and all the conveyancing work through solicitors etc. But we are worrying: should we tell the bank about our current situation?We do not have any children(other then what we are expecting, due in July), and the mortgage deal was based on my(mother)wage.My husband also works and got an income, but because we were going to buy a house in different area , we declared in bank that he was about to quit his current job when we will get the house, and move into it and look for another job, while myself I was going to stay at current job and travel on my days off to stay there, until I was able to find something there myself.Now, once we know I am pregnant, it is obvious I will not stay too long in my current job. We were thinking about telling them about the pregnancy and telling them also, that due to that fact it would be myself moving to the new house and my husband staying at current job until he finds something else in the area where we are buying.Can the bank cancel our mortgage?Should we tell them about pregnancy or not? we are not worrying about not being able to pay the monthly mortgage payments-we are only worrying that if and when the bank will foun out I am pregnant, they may say we were breaking the low for not declaring any dependants,or even asking for the wjhole loan repaid -i heard about such situations.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether they ever asked if you were pregnant please?

Customer:

no, not once. but on the very first appointment, our bank mortgage advisor said that they are "only need too know if you ,lets say,7-8 months pregnant"that words exactly.

Alex Watts :

If you have not been asked, it is not on the documents then you need not disclose it.

Alex Watts :

Indeed if they treat you any different because you are pregnant this could be illegal under the Equality Act 2010

Alex Watts :

But if they do not ask, you do not need to disclose it

Alex Watts :

Customer:

they did asked if we have any Dependants and specificaly asked "children or other people we carry for".We are not, but is this unborn child be classed as"Dependant" in this light?

Alex Watts :

I don't think so no

Alex Watts :

You don't have any children yet

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

we were looking for any information on our mortgage deal where there could be mention anything about the pregnancy etc. and we find nothing. Tf the bank do required such info will it be disclosed on any documents that we already got from them? in mortgage application we agreed to"notify of any changes in circumstances relating to my purchase or mortgage before it is entered and I authorize my conveyancer to disclose such information to you" -is finding out we are pregnant can be classified as such? In another part it says, that we understand that our mortgage may be refused if they discovered that"I or any joint applicant have provided false or incomplete information".Is holding back info about us being pregnant is such thing?

Alex Watts :

It is not false or incomplete. They have never asked if you are pregnant. Therefore you do not need to disclose it

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

yes,.a lot actually. Last one:if we would call the advisor now and let him know about the pregnancy will they be doing the mortgage deal all over again?

Alex Watts :

It may be if it is disclosed they might have to consider affordability, so it may have to be re-assessed again

Customer:

ok thank you