12826847

Charging experience

Customer Question

Hello, I run a "study abroad agency" in the UK, specialising in Russia and CIS countries. I have just agreed to source internships and work experience students for a hedge fund here in the UK. Would I be within the law if I charge the (usually non EU) students to place them into this 3-6 month internship like I charge for my English and Higher Education courses? I could not find anything on the net regarding charging for work experience. Thanks for your help.

The work experience employer would also charge my company an amount exceeding their costs, such as Tier 5 visa sponsorship and the minimum wage they would need to pay if required by law.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please, at the very least I need to know if charging for work experience is legal in the UK.

Best Regards

Yevgeny

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'd like a refund and the question closed please.

Yevgeny