Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have been trying to sort out my problems with three phone

Customer Question

I have been trying to sort out my problems with three phone company since last year. I have managed to cancel my contract for my mobile but they are sending letters demanding money for a service I do not have and have sent it to a debt collection agency and they are sending the letters to my old address I have also told them that they are taking money out of my bank account for services i don't have. I don't know if they are thinking I would pay it as I am unable to use the phone because of anxiety of talking to people. I think they can scare me and I am now getting anxious and feel I can't do it anymore.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
What I suggest you do is write a letter addressed to the Debt Collection Agency and Three as follows:
- Say you categorically deny any money is due and owing;
- Say that you served notice to terminate on X Date (insert the date) (and enclose a copy of the notice or refer to the person you gave the notice to;
- Say essentially they are pursuing you to pay for a service you have not been using and previously cancelled;
- Say to them that the constant are nothing short of harassment, and accordingly they are committing a criminal offence under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 by harassing you for money you do not owe;
- Say to them if you do not receive a written apology they immediately cease sending these threatening letters you reserve the right to:
(i) Complain to Trading Standards about Three and the debt collection agency; www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
(ii) Claim to OfCom www.ofcom.org.uk/, the Financial Ombudsman; and/or
(iii) The police
Say you also reserve the right to enegage a solicitor and seek to recover the cost from them for the time spent have to sort out their sub standard service.
If they still wont leave you alone then I would complain to one of the above organisations. I would start with Trading Standards.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wrote a letter with the information in it, after a few days I received a letter which was rambling to me. They are now saying that I received the device again which was an iPad mini, I told them that I had returned it to them the second time with their delivery driver. They are saying they couldn't except it back as there was usage on it which is rubbish I never opend the box I had to open the outer package to see if there was a return address. Also they are still taking direct debits out of my bank account which shouldn't be. Also they have sent me a pre written letter requesting the address for the address which has come back via the address previously the people are getting anxious as they don't know if they are debt collection letters. Please help

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
As a starting point have you cancelled the direct debts?
To confirm you currenlty have neither the ipad or the phone?
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have canceled one direct debit and they just send bills or debt collection letters to me via my old address with my neighbours getting worried about it. I have sent letters and copy of the iPad they said I had they actually say they received it back but sent it to me again and I sent it back with the delivery driver they have the date already. I am sick of trying to get them to sort their mess out. I should receive the money they have taken off me but just revert to sending the custom letter out to me.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Have you reported them to Trading Standards?
Also have you written to them and told them to stop sending the debt collection letters as they are unlawful harassment?
AJ