75100385

Application to file an extension of time to file Defence.

Application to file an extension of time  to file Defence. I am the Claimant. Defendants solicitor has filed an application for extension of time by 4 weeks to be allowed to file a defence. A hearing is planned in 3 weeks. By the date of the hearing they would have had 4+4 weeks to dil their defence so clearly this hearing is no longer required. Can I make an application to the court to indicate ethat this hearing is not required and I agree to the extension. Can any order for costs be requested to be set aside as the Defendants owe me money for an incomplete building project

Alex Watts :

Hello and thanks for requesting me

Alex Watts :

You just need to write to the Court and the other side.

Alex Watts :

You don't need to make a formal application

Alex Watts :

Write to the other side and say you consent, they should draw up a consent order to be sent to the Court and sealed which should vacate the hearing

Alex Watts :

Customer: Thank you is there a specific form I should use or a letter will do thank you
Alex Watts :

No. You just need to write a letter - no specific form

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Excellent Thank you for your help again.