UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

i am on a tier 4 student visa and my visa expires in 2 days . i am

Customer Question

hi
i am on a tier 4 student visa and my visa expires in 2 days . i am homosexual and i was suppose to get married last 22nd but unfortuantely we broke up .now i a have no option and i cant return back aswel could you pls advice me
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
How long have you been in the UK?
What nationality are you?
Why cant you return back to your home country?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have being in uk for last 2 yr .. and i am sri lankan reason that i cant when i went to get married my boyfriend i came out to my family and they are not happy with me and they not happy to accept me as their son anymore

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply, I am sorry to hear that.
Can you not find another educational institution to study at?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my college got revoked and they havnt issued my certificate or course completion letter

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i tried to apply since my previous college got revoked and my certificates not being issued so non of the college willing to accept me

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
What you can do is apply for further leave to remain on a discretionary basis or try to apply for a college or university that will accept you without the certificates , but within 28 days after the expiry of your current visa.
The best option would be for you to apply as stated for further leave to remain under a Tier 4 visa but within 28 days after the expiry of your current Tier 4 visa. You may wish to apply for a university to accept to rather than a college.
If this is not possible then you may apply for further leave to remain in the UK using form FLR O, this will be on the basis that your colleges have been revoked and thus you are unable to further your education in the UK. The FLR O form can be found at the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-form-flro
The only issue with applying for further leave to remain is that you are asking the home office to exercise discretion and if the home office do not exercise discretion in your favour they could simply ask you to leave the UK and then apply from your home country to return to the UK on a Tier 4 visa.
When you apply for FLR O you should state the reasons behind your colleges not allowing you to start a course and how that is effecting you. You can state that you are also fearful to return home due to your sexuality but this is unlikely to be enough for the home office to issue you with a visa.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Kindly provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.