12826847

my name is***** have had several letters from

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have had several letters from a private company called Parking eye. I believed this car park to be free as it was attached to a Morrison supermarket. Some time later I received a parking penalty notice saying I owed them£80 which I did not pay. I have since had several letters from this company with all sorts of threats. The latest being from a debt collection company called Debt recovery plus saying that parking eye have successfully obtained a county court judgement against me. I have not been asked to attend court so how is this possible. I am a law abiding citizen and was advised that the only parking tickets that can be enforced are from the council or the police. I have also looked on the internet and there are a lot of complaints about this company and people being told not to pay. Please can you tell me where I stand . I am very confused and have always had a good credit rating and would not welcome a ccj. Thankyou
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can this company obtain a county court judgement against me without me being asked to attend court and how do I find out if it is legitimate. and also can they do this if there is no way of communicating with them. I am just getting one threatening letter after annother

It is legitimate. Private land companies do have a very valid claim. They always had a valid claim. What they have though is a claim that is very hard to bring and not particularly cost effective so generally speaking they don't.
They should not get a CCJ without you being summonsed to court. It is possible that they could but then you would have a ground to set it aside.
There is no point in communicating with them. However brilliantly you make your points they will never agree with you. I would always just ignore them.
They will send you lots of very nasty letters. They will probably get Graham Whyte solicitors to write to you as well in due course. Until they actually issue against you there is no need to respond to any of it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I have nothing to worry about then. This has been worrying me sick. Can I find out anywhere if a ccj has been obtained against me? Also I only want answers to this particular subject and do not want o sign up for any further advice on other subjects in the future. So will this be a one off payment for this advice?

It is not right to say that they cannot enforce this.
They could sue and may win.
The chances are very low and when you balance the risks it is not a big one.
If a CCJ has been obtained then it will show up on your credit file but you can also check on trustonline
It is not all that likely that that would happen at all and certainly not without your knowledge.
You will need to email customer services about your account here***@******.***