12826847

I failed to turn up to a court appearance speeding ticket

Customer Question

I failed to turn up to a court appearance for a speeding ticket in England I paid the fine in Scotland at the local court do I have a criminal record for failing to turn up to the court in England?
No. You will be on a requisition not on bail so you don't commit an offence in failing to surrender. In legal theory it is a contempt of court but it is never prosecuted.
The risk with not attending is that you are tried in absence which racks up costs against you. But you do not have a criminal record if you didn't answer a summons.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the prompt response.

No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.