UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Many years ago, at the request of our local college, we offered

Customer Question

Many years ago, at the request of our local college, we offered accommodation to an afghani student attending the local college. He was claiming asylum and had entered the country illegally.
Nevertheless, it was our understanding that because at the time of his entry he was under 16 years of age, he was given permission to stay. However, in spite of his excellent conduct, academic performance and back story he was denied the right to stay in the UK. Being denied the right to stay in the UK he ended up in Italy. Life has been tough for him. An intelligent, articulate and conscientious person is being denied a human right to make his mark in society.
Subsequently, we have learned he is struggling in Italy, because he is regarded as an unwanted person. He has no "papers" so cannot gain meaningful employment. He is desperate to visit his parents, now resident in Iran. (At the time of living with us he didn't know whether his parents (father a teacher) had survived the Taliban.
My question is: is there any way we can sponsor this wonderful human being to become a bona fida resident of the uk? If not, how can we legally send him funds (because of his status he gas no bank account) to support him?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

I am assuming that the person is now an adult (over 18 years). Unfortunately, there is no provision in the UK Immigration Rules allowing you to sponsor him on human rights grounds.

His best chance would have been to try and obtain legal status in Italy or elsewhere and then try and legally come to the UK.

You may send him money by Western Union http://www.westernunion.co.uk/gb/send-money-in-person

or Money gram.
Or you may fly to Italy and hand him the cash personally.

May I help further?