Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I wish to replace clause 2.2 of my will with the following.

I wish to replace clause 2.2 of my will with the following. Is the wording OK please?
2. I hereby add a new Clause 2.2 to my Will:-
In the event that both my wife LILLIAN PEARL WILLIAMS and my daughter KAREN LOUISE WILLIAMS are unwilling or unable to act as Executors and Trustees of this my will as aforesaid THEN I APPOINT any one of the partners or members of xxxxxxxxxxxx Solicitors of xxxxxxxxxxx to act as executor and trustee of this my will in their stead and the expression “my Trustees“ shall be construed accordingly.
I only want the Solicitor to act as executor if neither relative is available or willing, so if my wife is not available my daughter can carry out the necessary work without help from a company.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

The wording should be as follows-

In the event of both my wife....as aforesaid THEN I appoint the Partners at my death in the firm of [NAME OF FIRM] of [ADDRESS OF FIRM] as the executors and trustees of this will. However, I want no more than two of the Partners to apply for a grant of probate of this will. The reference to [NAME OF FIRM] includes any firm that has succeeded to, or is carrying on the practice of, [NAME OF FIRM] at my death (including a firm that has been incorporated or formed a limited liability partnership).

It is always best to check with your Solicitors that they would indeed be happy to act as your Executor- just because they have been appointed, does not compel them to act.

I hope this asssits and answers your question.

Kind Regards

Al