12826847

I am a 70 year old man and I have been having a affair with

Customer Question

I am a 70 year old man and I have been having a affair with a 35 year old Russian doll for the last two years giving her lots of money and presents . Well now the relationship has turned sour and I have told her that I won't support her any more she has texted me that she will tell my wife and family about everything naturally I do not want my wife to be troubled by this our daughter died some years ago and I don't want to bring her future pain. My question is if I went to the police could they treathen her with blackmail. I think it is unlikely ??? What do you think or any advice please. Thank you
I am sorry but this isn't blackmail. This is just a threat to tell your family. Blackmail would arise if she had demanded money from you to prevent her from doing that. There has to be a demand with menaces to make out a blackmail.
If she is proposing to tell the truth then that is something she is free to do I'm afraid.
I suppose that if she contacts your wife more than twice in circumstances that are unwelcome then that would amount to harassment but that hasn't happened yet.
I am sorry but that is your position I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In a couple of text she says she will tell my wife and family and in later text she is asking for money saying I promised this but it is a lie . The two texts are separate but there is a obvious tie up . One saying I promised her money which I never did and the other treating to tell wife about the affair . I know am grasping at straws . Any suggestions other than give her money on a going basis and lose my dignity or face the consequences . Thanking you
Unless there is a fairly clear threat to tell her if you don't pay then that is not blackmail. In fairness, the menace doesn't have to be blunt and overt but it must be there.
Otherwise though, you cannot stop her telling the truth I'm afraid.