75100385

I recently booked a flight with BA three couple to

Customer Question

I recently booked a flight with BA for three couple to Sorrento, I was given the option on there website to change the times of the flight, which I did for two of the couple but for one of the couple I noticed that I forgot to change the return flight. There is no option to change the flight details online so when I phoned British Airways they told me that as I never contacted them to change the details within a 24 hour period, although I can change the return flight times, I would need to pay an additional penalty charge of £120.00, this is about a third of the cost of the trip and an amount that the couple cannot afford. British airways have told me that this is there policy and I have no alternative but to accept it. I would understand that if BA incurred costs for this error but this is a typo error while booking online. I have checked that there is no additional charge for the later flight we require. Is there anything I can do to get this charge overlooked?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you change the details originally online?

JACUSTOMER-kpbkph5o- : Yes, for two of the couples, but for this particular couple we phoned BA customer services to change the details as I inadvertently forgot to change the details while booking online. Unfortunately when I phoned I was just over the 24 hour period, that is why they want to charge us £120.00.
Alex Watts :

You accept it was your mistake sadly?