31090051

I am a male if I divorce or separate with my wife what child

I am a male
if I divorce or separate with my wife what child visiting rights do I have and what maintenance payments do I have to make
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You and your wife have equal parental rights to the children. If it is decided that the children should live with your wife you would get contact to the children as often as is agreed between you and your wife. If you can't agree, the court would make a contact order that it considered to be in the children's best interests.
There is no specific general rule as to when contact operates. Each case is different.
As far as child maintenance is concerned, as a very general rule you would pay 15% of gross earnings for one child, 20% for two and 25% for three. There is a child maintnance calculator on the yougov website which can give you a fairly accurate assessment. I'll post the link below.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance