UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

. My ex-wife is looking to get a visa UK and exorcise her ri

Customer Question

Hi. My ex-wife is looking to get a visa for the UK and exorcise her rights to see our child. Our child lives with my parents, who have custody of him. If my ex wife enters the UK she will be able to stay with myself for any length of time and will be able to visit my son on weekends, which is what I currently do. She wishes to take up employment as well whilst she is in the UK, although whilst unemployed I would be able to support her as I am in full time employment. Please could you advise me as to the exact documentation she would need to fill out for the visa and also which supporting documentation she would need for an application? Many thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nicola

I'm happy to wait for another few days as I do hope you manage to find someone who can answer the question. Thanks for updating me.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you please explain why your parents have custody of the child and not you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. When I initially moved back to the uk with my son I was working in South Africa quite a lot so we decided it was best if my parents had custody.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
In this case as it is your parents who have custody of your son, they would need to provide affidavits confirming that they have no objection to your ex-partner having a role to play in the child's life. In respect of her living arrangements and issues regarding her being maintained by you , this would need to be explained to the home office in the application or via supporting covering letter sent with the application.
The documents that should be submitted are as follows:
Affidavits from your parents
Letter from you regarding you having no objection in maintaining and accommodating your ex-partner
Evidence of your ex-partner having input in the child's life, ie sending any money, presents sent to child, birthday cards, telephone calls .
Child's birth certificate
Child's passport
Original passport of the mother
Evidence of your employment in the UK , payslips, bank statements, employment contract
Evidence of accommodation in the UK ie tenancy agreement or mortgage letter
Photograph of the mother and grand parents and you if possible
Photographs of the mother and the child if possible
Evidence of any visits the child has made to see the mother or visits the mother has made.
You would essentially need to show that your ex-partner has had an input in the child's life and that your parents would have no objection to her coming to the UK a visiting the child or even having the child stay with her.
I recommend that a detailed letter is submitted surrounds the events leading to why your parents have custody of the child and how it will effect the child in a positive way having the mother in his life.
You would need to apply using the online website :
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again. Thanks for getting back to me with the previous answer. I'm not sure whether to ask a new question now or to reply to this since the question relates to the same subject.

Please could you let me know if my ex-wife would require medical and radiology certificates for this visa?

She already has a high IELTS score and certificate but would she need to pass any other exams in order to apply for her visa?

Also, what is the cost and time scale for approval for this visa? She will be applying from South Africa