13262538

, I am long term sick, housebound and disabled with an

Hello, I am long term sick, housebound and disabled with an incurable neurological disease. I have lived with my parents many years now and they want to leave me their home so I can have a roof over my head when they die and hopefully not have to move. Can I inherit the house in 50 percent equal shares ( as each of my parents die) without losing my benefit money? I claim non contributory ESA ( cash savings threshold £6,000) and PIP ( which is listed as a non-means tested benefit. Thank you
Sarah
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You are indeed allowed to own a house and still get both those non means tested benefits
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thank you for your reply to my question. However, to clarify, one of the benefits I recieve is non-contributiry Employment Support Allowance. I am not allowed to have cash savings above £16,000. If I inherited half the property of the house I live in ( when one parent dies etc) would this be viewed as cash finances, and disqualify me, or disregarded by the DWP.
Owning the property that you live in - or a share of it - does not count as having a Cash Asset and will not effect any of your benefits