75100385

I am the claimant in a case whereby the 4 defendants have stolen

I am the claimant in a case whereby the 4 defendants have stolen my business (customer files, data, artworks, graphics etc
They all share the same solicitor
They have entered a combined defence
However their defences are different
First defendant
States that I sold the business to his limited company - Geneva Printing Solutions Ltd who assigned the copyrights to a new limited company he formed with the second defendant (complete lie)
Second Defendant
States that he works for the first limited company - Geneva Printing Solutions Ltd and now is a director of the new company
Third Defendant
States that he works for the limited company Geneva Printing Solutions and now works for the new limited company
Fourth Defendant
States that she worked for me (true) up to the point I sold the company (didn't sell it) and now works for the new limited company
My question is this:
Since they have different defences, should their solicitor have entered their defence as a singular one, or should he have entered four defences, one for each defendant.
States
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : As long as there is not a conflict of interest they can instruct whichever solicifor they wish.
Alex Watts : You can't say who can and can not have a solicotor, this is a matter for them
Alex Watts : but of course you can raise questions when it comes to trial as to why it saying one thing and another something else
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

I appreciate that they can share a solicitor. What I would like to know is if it is correct that they enter only one single defence. I was wondering if their defences differ if they should put in separate defences

Alex Watts : Yes they can enter a single defence.
Alex Watts : It is normal
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Customer:

Yep, thank you xx