75100385

, I have been accused of stealing by a woman that i used

I have been accused of stealing by a woman that i used to go house clean for. I cleaned for her for a few months, starting mid october untill christmass and i have not seen her since nor have i been to her house. I have remained in touch via texting with her and have always had a friendly relationship. About a month ago she called me accusing me of i dont know what went missing from her house. She threatened to have videos of me and i asked fo see them. She said she will contact the police and after a week the police called me to hear my side of the story upon which i went to the police department to them everything i know, offered to watch any videos she may have and i even signed a voluntary statement that i dis not ever take anything from her house. It has been two-three weeks since and now the polica have called me saying that tbey found a partial print on an item from her house and they would like me to come down and do fingerprints so that we can put this behind us. I do not want to give the police my fingerprints as this will only involve me further and i an in school and do not want any files being open on my behalf which can only get me in trouble with school. How should i approach this issue?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have you been formally arrested at any stage please?
Customer: No not at all the police officer was very clear that i am not in any trouble or anything they just wanted to hear my side of the story
Customer: In the voicemail the police left me uesterday they juts ask if i could please come down and do fingerprints as previously i said i would if that helps resolve this issue and the policeman jist says of i could come down so they can stop bothering me and put this behind us that is all he mentions.
Alex Watts : It's bad news I am afraid. IF you refuse to give your fingerprints you can be arrested and they can force you to give them
Alex Watts : the law only requires an officer to have a reasonable suspicion you have committed an offence in order you to require to submit your fingerprints
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

What does it mean for me if they have my fingerprints? does that mean that they will have a file opened on me and whomever looks into me personally will be able to see that the police are investigating me?

Customer:

I can't believe this. I never did anything wrong.

Customer:

How can I end this permanently. I do not wish to be involved with this anymore. If i give them my fingerprints then hat happens next? obviously I cleaned her whole house so my fingerprints are everywhere. so what does that mean for me.

Customer:

does this mean that they are pressing charges against me? and if so, doesnt that mean that they will have to have some reasonable evidence? I swear i never took anything so even if she does have videos which the police said she never showed just threatened to show, then it will be clear that i never ever took anything! there is no reason for me to be in fear or have the police open a file on me. i never did anything wrong!

Alex Watts : No one else will know. You have to allow the police to investigate. You have not been charged.
Alex Watts : The police may prosecure or take no further action
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Customer:

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience