12826847

please can you advise me on a matter pending court,

Customer Question

Hi please can you advise me on a matter pending for the court, i have been charged with harassment , non violent after being on my ex wifes doorstep dropping off her belongings and having more than one verbal altercation with her, she cleverly recorded the conversations on her mobile and the police arrested me.
Subsequently she has installed cctv cameras that point directly to my car and gate and she sees my coming going and about my daily life, she moved in two doors away from me and i petitioned for divorce in January still she has not responded to the 2 yr separation request for a divorce but she ignores solicitors letter and persists in putting notifications on facebook and constantly slags me off our son lives with me and daughter with her.Can you please tell me what to expect in court,
What would you like to know about what will happen in court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo C

What can i expect if i plead guilty and can i put my point across even though i believe i have been provoked by my ex wife

You don't want to be pleading guilty on these facts. Obviously I haven't had full vision of the case but you are just describing a row rather than harassment.
If you do plead guilty they will probably only fine you or maybe give you a low level community order if the message is abusive.
The problem though will be that it will lead to a restraining order which she will trot out to get revenge every time she can't have what she wants.
She is a vexatious accuser. You need to protect yourself. The law will not do it for you. You need to live every minute of your life as though another allegation can be made. Had you not been on her doorstep she would not be able to do this. Only you can avoid placing yourself at risk for the future. Do not leave yourself open to her stupid attention seeking allegations.