13262538

I want to represent myself in court contact however

hi I want to represent myself in court for child contact however I want a solicitor to submit my child contact proposal statement as I cant afford a barrister in court how abouts do I do this as after speaking to few solicitors they said they cant do part job either they are representing me or not as they have to show courts trepresentation. is this true
Thanks for your interest in me but I don't do family.
I will opt out for others.
For clarity - what exactly do you want the solicitor to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want a solicitor to submit a statement for me in court in regrds to future proposals of child contact. I had a solicitor who was representing me however they now aren't as incorrect information was sent to me and I complained so now they have terminated my contract with such short timescale I need a solicitor to now submit a statement

Do you actually mean that you wish them to PREPARE the statement - rather than simply submit it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that is right, I need a statement prepared to propose future contact and submitted

I assume that you do not feel able to do it yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that is right. my English grammer is not very good and I struggle to get my points across,

have you considered asking a Barrister to draft this for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no how I would I do this I have only rang solicitor firms and they said they cant do part work as they have to be registered with court.does a barrister not need to be registered. what is the difference between a barrister and solicitor.how do iget hold of a barrister

Just to check - did you actually ask if they would draft the Statement as a specific piece of work? - or did you ask them to represent you until the final hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I asked the solicitors firm I just wanted them to draft a piece of statement but they said they cant do part work, if they are drafting then they have to show court it is from them and then cant just be signed off??? is this incorrect information. they said to draft my statement they have to study my case meaning to request my case details from my previous solicitors and they are shown as representing me in court then they cant be signed off. I just want someone to prepare a statement and I can do the rest

As a starting point go back to a few solicitors and ask for a specific quote to do just that.
You can use a Public Access Barrister - they never go on record as acting for you and have always dipped in and out of cases
You can find one here
http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/instructing-a-barrister/public-access/
Alternatively you can try using a Mckenzie Friend to assist
http://www.mckenziefriends.directory/
They are not legally qualified but usually have a lot of personal experience
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.