75100385

Alex I have received two recorded message phone calls from

Hi Alex
I have received two recorded message phone calls from Colectiva threatening bailiff action unless an account is settled. Neither I nor my wife have absolutely any idea what this is about and have written an email to Collectiva asking them to refrain from making such calls or I will take whatever action is necessary to stop being harassed. I have done an experien check and a ccj online check but can find no record of any judgemets against me. I have no outstanding dispute bills and my current Credit status is 999. What steps can I take to get Collectiva to stop their calls.
Alex Watts :

Hello and thanks for requesting me

Alex Watts :

Under the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on debt collection they should not pursue you if you do not know what the debt is or it is disputed

Alex Watts :

Please see:

Alex Watts :

http://www.actcredit.com/OFT-Debt-Collection-Guidance.pdf

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Do I need to start this debate with Collective or should I wait until they start to act and give me something concrete to discuss?

Alex Watts :

You should wait until something concrete.

Alex Watts :

Make sure everything is reduced to writing

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

OK Thanks for that. My concern is being unaware of what Collectiva are actually chasing up. This course of action and the info in the pdf you supplied will be helpful.

Alex Watts :

Indeed. They should tell you.

Alex Watts :

The OFT Guidelines are very good

Customer:

Thanks That will do for me now. Regards

Alex Watts :

Great. Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

No I can't really do much more until they give me some more info. If it transpires there is a real case against me I guess a f2f with a solicitor might be more practical. Thanks for your time.

Alex Watts :

Indeed. If this does answer your question can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please. The button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply