12826847

I am trying to administer the estate of Clarissa Harvey d.

Customer Question

I am trying to administer the estate of Clarissa Harvey d. 19 Februrary 2009 intestate. There are two beneficiaries, her son Stephen and her grandson (child of Stephen's deceased sister) Bevis Griffin. Stephen has done nothing about it. Bevis does not yet know he has an inheritance and I want him to have his legacy. There are several hundred thousand pounds to split. Do I value it at the state of the stock market on the date of death? Do I liquidise all the invested money and give Bevis a big cheque? Should I ask him how he wants the money? ***** *****quidised some of the shares to pay for a bungalow that he now lives in at Alton in Hampshire. I am in the process of selling his previous dwelling, a maisonette at the other end of the town. He has just abandoned it and it is deteriorating through lack of heating etc. Stephen's plan is to put the money he gets for the sale of the maisonnette back into his mother's estate and split it then. BUT he does nothing about it. I want to sort it out before I die (I am in late 70s) otherwise it will never be done. I would appreciate some advice. Yours with thanks, ***** ***** T: 01420 84449

Has anyone actually obtained Letters of Administration of the Estate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Clare,

Thank you for your response.

The IHT was paid at tax office in Winchester.

I don't remember obtaining Letters of Administration of the Estate. I will go through the papers (a lot) and find out and get back to you.

Clearly I need to bone up on the necessary process.

I will get back to you tomorrow, as I am out for the rest of to-day.

Yours with thanks,

Virginia

That is fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Clare,

Thank you for your response. I chose the wrong week to ask your advice. I was in London for two days, was at a funeral in Oxfordshire to-day and am off to Somerset tomorrow for a meeting on Saturday.

I will be back in contact with you on Monday 9 March with proper information.

Yours sincerely ***** ***** thanks,

Virginia Wiltshire

That is fine