13262538

Hii have an upcoming hair test i have done one privately

Customer Question

i have an upcoming hair test i have done one privately and tested
Anhydroecgonine methyl ester Not detected (0.1ng/mg)
† Benzoylecgonine 0.20 ng/mg (0.05ng/mg)
† Cocaethylene 0.20 ng/mg (0.05ng/mg)
† Cocaine 1.9 ng/mg (0.5ng/mg)
† Norcocaine Not detected (0.05ng/mg)
my question is would this be classed as recreational or severe
i have abstained since 1 jan
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How many months will the hew test relate to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

3 to 6 months but my hair is short approx 3 cm

no date for the test is fixed yet

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
So three months then - and you have been abstaining since the start of the year - is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they are doing a 6 month test

if i cut my hair ie after 3 months and leave it 3 cm long enough to test will this give me a better chance

i have allready trimmed my body hair

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have abstained since 1 january 100 % alcahol and any toxins and if anything am very healthy

sorry did not read correctly

the test is for 6 months

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When were you told that it would be six months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

last week

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When did you have your hair cut?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i last had my hair cut mid jan

it is over 4 cm long at present

im thinking cut it now to 2 cm

test will be in a month

my question is once it has grown out is it out ?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do NOT cut it now - if you do it will be seen as a deliberate attempt to avoid the testing - generally it is 1cm a month - so only a trim so that no one can claim that you have attempted to do so.
The usage you refer to above is classed as low to medium so a little more than recreational - but not severe.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so my thoughts would be to wait until i know the date and have it trimmed to 3 cm ? i believe that is what is required for a test (why give them more than they need ?

also i believe body hair is in accurate so if they decide to test this can i question that

the alligations are more based on alchahol consumption 100 % i do not drink to excess and in fact have not had a drink this year so in that sense i assume the test is to my benefit

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is 1 cm per month - so 6 months a needs 6cm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it wont be 6 cm anyway unless the test is delayed when i was in court my hair simply was not long enough , the judge also commented that my hair was short

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then don't have it cut - do not give them and excuse to say that you are avoiding the test