UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Good evening, I did apply citizenship 10 months

Customer Question

Good evening, I'm originally from lithuania, and I did apply for british citizenship 10 months ago, my solicitor send all my documents, and we still waiting for answer... i think at least by now i suppose to receive all my original documents back, I really need them (passport driving licence, sia-security card and all other paper documents. My solicitor saying , home office too busy, they dealing whit your case. how can i find out whats happening, and where my case standing. Should i change my solicitor, to chase my case . I just don't know what to do....

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

As it is over 6 months since you applied, you may contact the UK Home Office directly (without involving your solicitor) to see what the actual status of your application is and whether your solicitor is saying the truth.

The contact details are here:

Citizenship and nationality enquiries
[email protected]
Telephone: 0300(###) ###-####
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Friday, 9am to 4.30pm

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello , since last time i wrote, my situation did not change, now more then one year gone from uk citizenship application, and i still even did not get my original documents back, my solicitor try to email them 3 weeks ago, to find out my status, but got no reply from home office. and another thing i notice now, when i'm back from holiday or business trip, and i give my ID card on custom border, they always taking notes from my ID and writing down something before they let me through... i got flight this sunday again, and on the way back to Uk, on Border should i ask them , what notes they taking about me ? and is this anything to do with my application for british nationality ? or what to do the best in my situation ?

Yes, you may ask them whether there is any issue? It seems very exceptional that you have waited for so long for your application to be processed.