Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I'm an engineer, until this February I having had PPI Linked

Customer Question

Hi I'm an engineer, until this February I having had PPI Linked to my mortgage that started in 2002, Latter in then 2004 I made a claim under the critical illness aspect of the policy for cancer of the bladder and latter on recovering for redundancy in 2008.
The policy was with Allied Dunbar At first latter adopted post 2008 crash by Zurich Assurance.
Both have acted in denial and lacking in professionalism with regards ***** ***** return of correspondence and freedom of information.
Can you help?
regards Alan
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hello Alan, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is your question about miss - selling of PPI? Please can you explain your situation in more detail?

JACUSTOMER-n67t0yfo- :

nHi Jenny as above stated, I'm an engineer, until this February I having had PPI Linked to my mortgage for protection that started in 2002, Latter in then 2004 I made a claim under the critical illness aspect of the policy for cancer of the bladder this was treated at Wellington Princess Royal Hospital following painful investigation and surgery.at that time I made a claim under the direction of policy information and advice from Allied Dunbar on surviving the treatment albeit at that time not final I was informed by phone "my type of cancer was not covered" outraged and saddened I requested help from the finnational advisor a Mr Carl Summers a representative would come to see me and explain, but never came. in pain I carried on working local after the first burn out of tumour then the condition returned I also do work in research into alternative energy through the internet I engaged with now my wife who is from South Korea, she came to visit me, bringing "Red Ginseng" in her country it as recognised properties' for healing; cancer to, after two weeks I stopped bleeding back & Front and was after a short while, went back to work. I have to continue using Ginseng Daily. latter on recovering for redundancy in 2008. The policy was with Allied Dunbar At first latter adopted post 2008 crash by Zurich Assurance. Both have acted in denial and lacking in professionalism with regards ***** ***** return of correspondence and freedom of information. Can you help? regards Alan

Customer:

Ok so your position is that they are in breach of contract for failing to provide cover under the terms of the insurance? when did you first make a claim and what action have you taken subsequently?

JACUSTOMER-n67t0yfo- :

Hi Again Tarrahill and Jenny ill try again, whoops hit return key to soon. as above stated, I'm an engineer, until this February I having had PPI Linked to my mortgage for protection that started in 2002, Latter in then 2004 I made a claim under the critical illness aspect of the policy for cancer of the bladder this was treated at Wellington Princess Royal Hospital following painful investigation and surgery.at that time I made a claim under the direction of policy information and advice from Allied Dunbar on surviving the treatment albeit at that time not final I was informed by phone "my type of cancer was not covered" outraged and saddened I requested help from the finnational advisor a Mr Carl Summers a representative would come to see me and explain, but never came. in pain I carried on working local after the first burn out of tumour then the condition returned I also do work in research into alternative energy through the internet I engaged with now my wife who is from South Korea, she came to visit me, bringing "Red Ginseng" in her country it as recognised properties' for healing; cancer to, after two weeks I stopped bleeding back & Front and was after a short while, went back to work. I have to continue using Ginseng Daily. latter on after recovering I made a further claim under the same policy for redundancy in 2008. with no effect. The policy was with Allied Dunbar At first latter adopted post 2008 crash by Zurich Assurance. Both have acted in denial and lacking in professionalism with regards ***** ***** return of correspondence and freedom of information. what I need to know is there a means of legal representation for my situation as I have asked for return of all my payments to-date Can you advise me of a local trusted solicitor "preferably NO Win -No fee or nominally fear? thank you regards Alan

Customer:

when did you first try to claim under the policy?

JACUSTOMER-n67t0yfo- :

For cancer of the bladder in 2002

Customer:

and have you taken any action before now to try to resolve this?

JACUSTOMER-n67t0yfo- :

By phone and letter and as of to day with Zurick Assurance Ltd who in there latest correspondence recognise my record of communication but say information I have requested as firstly as matter of form via the insurers under righters Scottish Amicable Form of Request Declaration FOR MY PERMISION

JACUSTOMER-n67t0yfo- :

sorry hit key again

Customer:

Hi I am going to respond in full in the morning as I am about to go offline for the evening. I hope that's ok wiht you?

JACUSTOMER-n67t0yfo- :

to allow them to obtain medical information Ext, with my tick in box for copy to forward to myself, and latter with the complaint procedure a Letter Of Authority. to-date I have never seen any reports to substantiate there non support of my claim.

JACUSTOMER-n67t0yfo- :

ok have a good evening

JACUSTOMER-n67t0yfo- :

bye Alan

Customer:

my concern for you would be under the Limitation Act there are only 6 years from the breach of contract to bring a claim, this means that if you stopped paying premiums more than 6 years ago and this issue relates to a breach in 2002, you may be statute barred from taking action against the company. You do need to see a solicitor to assist you to ensure that this is correct looking at the paperwork involved and you may be able to make a complaint to the financial services ombudsman without engaging a solicitor, details can be found at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Customer:

The financial ombudsman deals with insurance matters as well as banking matters.

Customer:

Many high street lawyers will have a litigation department and will offer a free initial consultation.

Customer:

To find one local to you you can use the following search engine on the law society website. http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Customer:

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.