75100385

Left private rental in October. Landlord kept bond. Novembers

Left private rental in October. Landlord kept bond. Novembers rent paid by bank in error.
Landlord will not return it. what can I do to get it back without costing more money?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer:

I have already written to him giving him 7 days to pay. He has agreed verbally to pay but has not done so. the letter was written a month ago. will it cost me to go to the small claims court?

Alex Watts :

It depends if you are on a low income or benefit you may get fee remission

Alex Watts :

But if you go to the small claims Court you just pay the issue fee and hearing fee.

Alex Watts :

If you win these are added to the claim

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

yes thankyou

Alex Watts :

Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply