12826847

. Somebody I am working with (and trying to help) was

Hello.
Somebody I am working with (and trying to help) was in court roughly 1 month ago. He was convicted of a CD10 and informed he would be given 4 points.
Apparently his licence was not retained at the court.
He has checked online and his licence remains unendorsed.
What should he do? Is there a time limit for these things to appear on the licence? The issue is delaying a possible job offer.
Has he sent his licence to the DVLA for points to be added?
Why did he not hand his licence into court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo.

He has not sent his licence anywhere.

He tells me he was not asked for his licence at the close of the case. He just sort of walked out with it. Apparently.

He should have been asked for his licence. It might be that he was not. The Magistrates Court is very DIY and they do regularly get things wrong.
However, had that been the case then he should have sent it to the DVLA.
I would look into that issue urgently because if he hasn't sent it in then they could revoke his licence for non compliance.
On your primary point though, how long points take to be added is a matter for the DVLA and there are no time limits upon it. The DVLA are not particularly quick about it unfortunately.
He could take a copy of his licence before sending it in and explain to any prospective employer that he is waiting for points to be added.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK.

So there is not any means that he could "escape" the points then.

In that case I cannot recommend the employer hire him. His new total of points would make him uninsurable.

Darren

Not at this stage. If the Court has ordered them then they will be added one way or another I'm afraid.