75100385

My wife and I have matching wrist watches. Hers was taken to

Customer Question

My wife and I have matching wrist watches. Hers was taken to a High Street jeweller to have a replacement battery fitted during which process the shop manager smashed the glass when refitting. It was sent back to Rotary who said it cannot be repaired.
The model has long been discontinued so what can we expect as replacement. The nearest
design to her liking is a different make and costs somewhat more.
What rights do we have? The shop openly admits responsibility!
Advice appreciated gratefully.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Can you not a replacement online? If so ow much would it be?

Alex Watts :

Ie such as Watch Finder or Ebay

JACUSTOMER-3tv2p9kw- :

We have searched several High Street jewellers and found an acceptable Tissot design

JACUSTOMER-3tv2p9kw- :

which is about £250

Alex Watts :

You are entitled to a replacement watch

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of that £250 or a replacement within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-3tv2p9kw- :

That is fine thank you - I will follow your advice.

Alex Watts :

Great. Can I help with anything else?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is all, thank you kindly.

Happy to help.