12826847

basically on Facebook my friend had up he was leaving a hotel

Customer Question

basically on Facebook my friend had up he was leaving a hotel he worked in and i put a comment underneath can u go back to the morrison and sort the staff out. Today i received a phone call from the morrison saying they are not happy about my comment and my bookings I've made this year will be canceled are they allowed to do this? to go see my Facebook message then to track down my number and phone me i found quite harassing. i just thought i had freedom to say wat i wanted on my page as i never tagged the hotel
You do have the freedom to make these observations.
They do have the right to cancel a booking though. Nobody can be forced to contract with anybody. If they do not want your business then that is something they are free to act upon. It is not particularly good business but that is a matter for them.
In terms of Facebook, it is a public site. If you put something on there that was visible to them then they are free to act upon it I'm afraid.
They will have taken your name and checked against the booking which will be where they got the number and they are free to do that.
Sorry but I have to give you truthful information.