75100385

I live in sheltered housing and I am fighting a losing battle

I live in sheltered housing and I am fighting a losing battle with my landlord against the gradual removal of warden services it is a gradual erosion of their services which I think is despicable towards elderly and vulnerable people the other residents agree with me but won't stand up and be counted so I am a lone voice and now the landlord is presenting me with bills working out at £5 a week approx. for 'supporting people'. This I refuse to pay because this is a recent addition to the £117.44 a week which I am currently paying, was not part of our original signed agreement and can't be added now but I feel it is a ploy either to frighten me into shutting up or to get me evicted. an you help me as to my legal position and is there any organisation that can help?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Is this funded by the Council please?

Customer:

are you on line ?

Customer:

will try tomorrow

Customer:

the words keep going haywire this is why I have taken so long to answer

Alex Watts :

I am here

Alex Watts :

It may show me as offline if I am on a different screen

Customer:

Hi I don't know how to access posted information can you help it seems the bit where I stated that the landlord seems to have a close relationship with the council

Alex Watts :

Who is your Landlord? Is it funded by the Council?

Customer:

how do I chat?

Alex Watts :

Just type

Customer:

the land lord is eastlands Manchester council Alex You say you have answered me but where do I find it at the moment I feel too ill to continue so please excuse me

Alex Watts :

What you need to write to the Chief Executive of the Council and set out your position and make a formal complaint.

Alex Watts :

That office will investigate the matter and report back to you.

Alex Watts :

If you are not happy with that response then you can raise a complaint with the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint for free. Their website is: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

That should resolve the matter

Alex Watts :

If it does not then you can go to Court and Judicially Review the matter. Proceedings would have to be issued in the High Court against the Council.

Alex Watts :

The Judge would decide whether he agrees with the decision or remit it back for further consideration

Alex Watts :

hopefully it wont get that far, the complaint to the Chief Executive and LGO should resolve it

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thanks for your help