UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My partner is a Russian National. She moved from Russia to

Customer Question

My partner is a Russian National. She moved from Russia to the Netherlands for her employers where she lived for 3 years. She was then moved to London with the same employers where she has lived for a further 3 years. She has a work visa with no recourse to public funds and if she loses her job she has to leave within 2 months.
My question is - How long will she have to resided in the UK to obtain indefinite leave to remain and will her total time in residence within the EU count.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
How long was her work visa issued for?
When does it expire?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has had the uk visa for 3yr and 6 months, the previous visa was for her residency in the Netherlands.

The visa expires 2 months following the loss of her employment.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is she finds another job with a new employer, the new employer will have to re-apply for a new visa (the same type) no later than two months from her employment ending.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Your partner would have to spend a total of 5 years in the uk on a work visa after which she will be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain. If she does loose her employment provided she finds alternative employment within the specified period, she will still be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the uk after completing 5 years employment in the uk. Her time spent in the EU will not count.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.