75100385

My son was due , the probation officer in Barry,

My son was due for Parole, the probation officer in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, who was assigned to find him a placement outside failed a second time to do this for my son so that he could be freed. I tried to get in touch with this probation officer by phone and even sent an e-mail but was ignored. My son's solicitor and his probation officer in Kent where he is have also tried to get this officer to do his job.
How do I go about and to whom do I complain about this person? My son is very upset and seems to be giving up and thinking he will never ever get out of prison? I don't know what else I can do other than write to this probation officer's superior. Please can you help?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you made a formal complaint yet please?

Customer:

Hello Alex, no I haven't made a formal complaint as I don't know who to complain to.

Alex Watts :

What you need to do is formally write to the Chief Executive of the Probation Trust. That office will then investigate your complaint and report back - this should hopefully resolve the matter

Alex Watts :

If it does not then you can complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint.Their website is: http://www.ppo.gov.uk/

Alex Watts :

That should resolve any complaints.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

thank you for your help Alex.