Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

we are trying to buy a property that is not registered with

we are trying to buy a property that is not registered with land registry. the vendors do not want to do this as it would hold up the sale and I understand that this process can take 12 weeks. My solicitor is repeatedly asking the vendors solicitor to register the land and we are now at stale mate. is there a clause that can be put into the contract to cover any extra cost involved in first registration as opposed to transfer of deeds. Or Please please can you suggest another solution. We are desperate to complete and have been homeless now since 14th july 2014 and the vendors are at high risk of loosing their purchase too.
kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Why, may I ask, is your Solicitor demanding that the property be registered at the Land Registry? Is there an insufficient plan of the property in th eunregistered Deeds?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not know why she is insisting that the registration is done. I have tried ringing her many many times but she is not returning my calls. I understand through the estate agent that there is sufficient information to register the small holding, however this is obviously heresay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer received

Sorry for the delay in replying. Unless there is a possible defect in the title making your Solicitor wary whether the Land Registry will accept the unregistered Deeds or there is an insufficient Plan in the unregistered Deeds which makes your Solicitor wary if the whole extent of the land will be registered, there is no reason whatsoever why the land need be registered now.

If you ar ehappy to disclose the address/postcode, I can check on the Land Registry website Map Search to check the extent of the unregistered land?

I would therefore check with your Solicitor what the problem is, and if there is no such problem instruct her to proceed without the land being registered! Your Solicitor has to comply with your instructions at the end of the day.

I look forward ot hearing form you.

Kind Regards

Al

Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The address is Lower Redwood Farm, Golberdon Road, Pensilva Cornwall PL14 sorry I can find the rest of the postcode but I think the map of the land is on zoopla.

Thanks. Please give me 10 mins.

Kind Regards

Al

I have been able to locate the land. Can I possibly send the Plan to your email address if you are happy to disclose this, as i am unable to attach it via this forum?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you very much, please email me at *****@******.***

Unfortunately, your email address has been blanked out by the site. If you could email me on my private address***@******.*** I can then reply to you.

Sorry about all of this!

Al

I have now forwarded to you the Plans of Lower Redwood.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Kind Regards

Al

In reply to your question- If I ask her to do this will it cost more money and if this is the case can we ask for a retention of some money just in case, and if so how much?

The Land Registry fee to register the unregistered Deeds will be £270 on the basis that the Purchase is between £300,000 and £500,000. If the Deeds are already registered at the Land Registry, the Land Registry fee would be £135 provided your Solicitor made the application online. Most Solicitors do apply online nowadays, but if not, the postal application would be £270.

Not sure exactly in what respect you would like a retention to be made?

Kind Regards

Al

Can I assist you further?

Kind Regards

Al

If I have asssited, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al