Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

A is 100% shareholder in company S Ltd. was a very influential

A is 100% shareholder in company S Ltd. B was a very influential director of S Ltd.
A verbally promised B £X on sale of S Ltd. S Ltd was sold but A gave B only half of what was promised. A denied any promise to B.
A is also 100% shareholder in T Ltd. T Ltd's only customer is D Plc whose CEO is a very close friend of A.
B has documented evidence that CEO has made payments to employees of some of it's (D Plc's) customers to secure lucrative contracts. CEO aware that B knows of these financial incentives to D Plc's customers.
Without committing any offence how can B suggest to CEO that he should persuade A to honour his original promise to B?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Alex J. :

I am afraid there is no way you can pursue this course of action without implicating yourself in the fraud. Not only will you be turning a blind eye to Bribery and Corruption but you will also be treading into the realms of blackmail yourself. The only way you could conceivably leverage this is you made A aware of the confidential information you possess without any specified threats or demands for payment and have A come to the realisation by themselves that you posses toxic information. If I were in your position I would just either keep quite (as long as you not in anyway connected to those payments) or blow the whistle. If B was legitimately owed sweat equity from A, he should just explore suing A.

Alex J. :

Unfortunately there is no way to escape that the fact make these threats will be construed as unethical and for that reason it is almost certainty not worth associating yourself with such bribery and corruption.

Alex J. :

I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ

Alex J. :

P.S my apologies for any typos - this chat service is done in real time.