75100385

, I was arrested in November 2013

I was arrested in November 2013 for historical sexual (2000) offences against children aged 9 which were complete lies. I was on bail on 5 different occasions.
My last bail being in December 2014 where I was then told by email that I was no longer on bail and there was no need to attend the Police station. However he was just waiting for the CPS final decision before he closes the file. I was informed not to contact the family who made the allegations. I was also informed there was no future date to attend the police station and he would contact me if the need arose its all very confusing to me and it just not make sense.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have the Police written and said you are no longer on bail please?

Customer:

Yes they have written to me that I am no longer on bail

Customer:

and it involved 2 young children both aged 7 and they were complete lies as the truth always comes out in the end

Alex Watts :

What is it you would like to know?

Alex Watts :

Do you want to contact the family concerned?

Customer:

No I dont want to contact the family at all and I will never do that now as I would not like to associate myself with liars

Customer:

I would like to know If I am going to be charged?

Customer:

its just so very very confusing

Alex Watts :

They have confirmed in writing no further action?

Customer:

No they not confirmed that. He just said he was just waiting for the CPS final decision before he closes the file. I was informed not to contact the family who made the allegations. I was also informed there was no future date to attend the police station and he would contact me if the need arose its all very confusing to me and it just not make sense.

Alex Watts :

Indeed. Have you got your own Solicitor?

Customer:

Yes I have please wait

Alex Watts :

Ok

Customer:

This is what he wote

Alex Watts :

ok

Customer:

At present he is waiting for an update from the CPS regarding the investigation. When he has been updated he will let me know

Alex Watts :

Ok - well you are not on bail, that is good

Alex Watts :

The bad news is you DO need to wait for the CPS to make a decision

Alex Watts :

Your Solicitor should wait for 14 days to see if they have made a decision

Alex Watts :

If not then he can write to the Area Prosecutor and ask for a decision to be made.

Alex Watts :

Clearly you want to tread carefully because you don't want to push them into making the wrong decision. But at the same time you want closure.

Alex Watts :

So you should ask your Solicitor to write to the CPS to get closure

Alex Watts :

Then the Area Prosecutor if that does not resolve it

Alex Watts :

What you can do is Judicially Review their delay which is a High Court matter, ideally you want to avoid that

Customer:

At present waiting for an update from the CPS regarding the investigation . When he has been updated he will let me know. At that an appointment would be made should that be required. You are no longer on bail there is no future fixed date for us to meet unless he arranges one and

Alex Watts :

Ok

Customer:

not to make contact with the family who has made the allegations as the investigation is still ongoing

Customer:

That is what he wrot

Alex Watts :

I would agree you would not want to contact the family in any event

Alex Watts :

Your Solicitor should write as I have suggested.

Alex Watts :

14 days and then to the Area Prosecutor.

Alex Watts :

You want closure but not to force them into charging

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

I do not think you need be concerned though

Customer:

Yes in this kind of matter do they normally release a person from bail?

Customer:

Because after speaking to my several solicitors they have said in this type of investigation they do not really release a person from bail

Alex Watts :

I agree, they do not normally

Alex Watts :

So it looks like you just need to get the formality from the CPS

Alex Watts :

So I do not think you need to worry

Customer:

Thank you for your help take care ..........The truth always comes out

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience