13262538

can I complain about my exs solicitor as I feel I am being

Customer Question

can I complain about my exs solicitor as I feel I am being harassed the situation is that we had a hearing on 18th November wherby my ex must have forgot to raise the issue of wanting to know school gp and dental as he has full responsibility. I relocated with police support due to my ex threatening to kill me so he did not know our location a week later my then solicitor received a letter from my exs solicitor requesting these details my solicitor refused due to me fearing he will bother me. a few weeks later they requested again and my solicitor refused. recently they requested gp and ddental details again as they said it has come to their attention that my ex knows my address due to a correspondence sent to them by my solicitor in august and sincw 5 months he has known the address he has behaved and there is no reason not to forward gp and dental details. my solicitor was on annualleave when the recent letter was rcved, another solicitor was covering my case and when she saw the correspondnace she did not pick up that the address they are relating to is my previous address. the covering solicitor did not do a through investigation on my case to understand that a few years ago I lived in Leicester before I relocated to warrington and now when I moved back to Leicester I moved into a street which I lived in few years ago but adifferent house number. the solicitor covering sent me letter saying I need to forward these details ref above. she clearly said she confirms they know my address and apologized for the incorrect disclosure, not doubting the solicitor I freaked out and relocated and put a complaint through to cover the cost of move. when my solicitor got backshe explained that it was a previous address and the principal solicitor refused to compensate me and terminated my contract based on trust with client and solicitor. as you can see this is no fault of mine however I do feel that my ex's solicitor have created this disruption. according to my solicitor she forwarded them a copy od my prev address as it needed amendinhg on the court order for police disclosure. the concerning thing is my ex does not know where I live so how are they are relaiting that address as my current address. the document is very transparent and it clear states a court order to amne address for police disclosure. my exs solictors are aware no police call out has been at my current address as my ex does not know my address they have clearly not done their job right neither has the covering solicitor now I am ata financial loss disruption to me and my 3 childrens life and I have no solicitor. please help as to what my rights are with my ex's solictor.

if he knew my address why did they not highlight that in November an d dec in the prev correspondance

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You can certainly make a complaint about their error which caused you unnecessary fear- but they have no duty of care towards you and you have no rights against them I am afraid
CLare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my concern is how did they link my previous address to my current.my solicitors say it wasn't them they don't want to compensate and terminated my contract. am I better just to escalate it to legal ombudsman as in all this I am the one that has lost out and I am breakig point.this whole thing has just drained it out

Yes I suggest that you report your solicitor to the Ombudsman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can i report the firms as according to the SRA principle my ex's solicitor have breached the principal as it is clearly transparent that the correspondance which they state is my cureent address clearly states it is my previous address

Is your ex's solicitor a member of Resolution
www.resolution.org.uk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes my ex' solicitor dealing is a member of resolutions

Then I suggest that you complain to Resolution about the actions of the solicitor - which is far from the standards required
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

shal I report them direct to the resolutions and can I request compensation when reporting them to the resolutions as whilst I agree my solicitors should have done the chek before confirming incorrect information I feel that my exs solicitor as strongly at fault as the letter is transparaent it relates to my prev address they have caused a lot of disruption

You cannot and will not get any compensation from his solicitors - all you can do is point out that they have not abided by the standards expected by the Solicitors Family law Association