31090051

Can two senior attorneys who carry on their profession as a

Customer Question

Can two senior attorneys who carry on their profession as a business in both their names and operate from the same chambers with associates.Deny they are partners?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Please could you let me know what country this pertains to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Trinidad and Tobago

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Trinidad and Tobago, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Trinidad and Tobago law is patterned on U.k. law. Our highest appellant court is the Privy Council.I am seeking a U.K. law response.If it is not forthcoming i choose to close the question page.

I will move this question to the UK page, in that case.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Do the two attorneys share profits between them? Or not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is difficult to determine and a grey area,since access to the accounts of the firm is not publicly known

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Partnership is the relation which subsists between persons carrying on a business in common with a view of profit.
So to determine a partnership you would have to establish that a business is carried on in common with a view to making profits together.
On the face of it what you describe is a partnership, assuming that they share profits.