12826847

I am unhappy with the poor service received by my family solicitor

Customer Question

I am unhappy with the poor service received by my family solicitor (re: dealing with my late father's estate) Losing paperwork often, saying I had not signed and returned documents (when I definitely had and kept copies) not responding efficiently to my on going concern re: poor administration, time taken to finalise affairs: (now in it's 5th YEAR!)
Not a particularly complex amount of business, to be deal with either.
I've complained continually and prompted them many times . Now I have the final accounts to sign; however I'm reluctant to sign them and pay full legal fees, therefore have indicated this to them.
Their response was: The fee stands and they have deducted a % and not charged for any recent time for the finalising. ('Recent time' took: 4 MONTHS and I had to chase this up)
Hope you can help, please, as I'm frustrated and drained with my personal prompting and time spent on this, on my families behalf?
Thanks in anticipation.
Mrs A. Evans
Have you asked for a full breakdown of the work done?
Have you raised your concerns with the Complaints partner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have had a breakdown of estate business only, on the final accounts. No idea re: the hours or cost of clerical tasks (having to remind them constantly, even up to now.)

A Senior partner took the file over (after I complained in Oct '14) and took a further 4 months, to be at present stage. States they're not charging for this recent work.

Who is actually named as Executor - and di you receive a formal quote for the work at the start of the matter?