75100385

I have been stopped by the Police saying i had no car insurance.

Customer Question

I have been stopped by the Police saying i had no car insurance. I told them the date i took it out and my monthly direct debit payments and that i was also insured for my daughters car as she has a provisonal licence. They informed me that the insurance company had told them they had cancelled it 10 days before. They took my car to a garage and after getting re-insured and then paying £170 to recover my car.
I contacted the insurance company stating that i was not informed they said a letter on the 16/1/15 as they did not receive my proof of no claims bonus which i did not receive. I asked did they send it recorded delivery the answer was no. I did receive a letter on 31/1/15 to say my direct debit was changing in March, why would they have done that if they had cancelled it. I also would not have driven a car that was not insured when i had another car that the Police checked that i was insured on. I have been driving since 1982 and never had points or even a parking ticket. Im so concerned and feel this is unfair for a letter i did not receive. Im a Regisitered Manager for children in care and concerned that if i get a criminal record this will affect my work and for the future with a mortage and two daughter i have brought up alone and never been on benifits . I spoke to the Police when i took my details in ,they said i need to talk to the insurance company but they just say we sent you a letter.
Please guide me to what direction i take now - Kind regards Caroline
Alex Watts :

Hello Caroline my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you asked for a copy of the letter saying your insurance would be cancelled?

Alex Watts :

Did you send in the no claims bonus please?