75100385

, we have been working with an IT company to develop our

Hi, we have been working with an IT company to develop our website. However instead if taking 6 months it has taken 1 year and we have had major technical issues following launch resulting loss of revenue. I believe this is down to lack of technical know-how and functionality not being tested correctly. Please can you advise if there is a case we can pursue to recover damages.
Cheers,
Pritesh
Alex Watts :

Hello Pritesh my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you have a written contract and if so what does it say about delays? Also how much have you paid please?

Customer:

Hi Alex, yes we do have a contract but it is very basic...

Customer:

We have paid £15,000 in total

Customer:

My website is www.diamond-boutique.co.uk

Alex Watts :

How much do you want to pursue damages for?

Customer:

50%

Customer:

minimum as we have lost significant amounts

Customer:

so £7500

Customer:

I would say we have lost over £20000 over the last month

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Yes one more thing please

Alex Watts :

Of course.

Customer:

Is there a case here or not

Customer:

What happens in this type of scenarios

Alex Watts :

Yes I think you have some case. If they said it would take 6 months and it has taken a year then they are in breach of contract.

Alex Watts :

Clearly if there have been technical problems that is not your fault.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes also they went through a restructure etc which resulted in lack of communication and no progress from their side. We went to them as we wanted a professional company to build our site but we have had more issues then the one we built in-house.

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

This were the dates

Alex Watts :

Ok - that is not your fault and you can take action

Customer:

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

No I think that is it I guess...

Customer:

I appreciate your help

Alex Watts :

Happy to help. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply