12826847

Are school consent forms legally binding ie you are signing

Are school consent forms legally binding ie you are signing to agree to pay for any damage, which may be caused by the misconduct or carelessness of your child, to the person/property of any other party?
If so would they have to prove that it is their fault or is it just a "we say it so it's true" kind of thing and if I believe that it wasn't my child at fault would there be repercussions if I refused to pay?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My daughter is going to high school in September and its a "generic school consent form" to cover school visit and off site activities, I am not happy to sign it if I am legally bound to pay for damage etc .because the school says my daughter is the cause. Especially if there is no proof or need to provide evidence that my daughter is the cause.

It doesnt really matter all that much what you sign.
Even if you refuse to sign it and do not do so there is still an argument in law that you are responsible for her actions and liable for their consequences essentially on the basis of negligence. You would have a defence possible on the basis that they are in loco parentis but it depends what she does.
If you do sign it then this really adds nothing to the existing law. The school cannot levy fines upon you or if they do then they can only enforce them by suing. They are subject to the law the same as everybody other entity.