13262538

I have been falsely accused of abuse by my son, and Social

Customer Question

I have been falsely accused of abuse by my son, and Social service put him in emergency accommodation, this happened just over a year ago. social services have not given me the right to have my say and took away my parental rights (ignored them if you like) a year later and the allegation is still very much there. my son is adamant that I have abused him in every way possible , but this is just not true because what my son has done, is take what happened to me as a child and in turn has used it against me what can I do as I feel this is defamation of character and a year later I am a physical and emotional wreck. I have put complaints to social services but it seems that I am still being ignored what can I do?
How old is your son and what do you wish to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my son was 17 at the time when he went into care, and yes I know that kids are entitled to a voice, however my son has had problems for many years for which I had tried to get him as much help as possible.

I would like to know if this is worth pursuing against social services as it was a case worker who first put the idea into my sons head

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My son first made this type of allegation against his headmaster in his secondary school, when my son got no joy from this, my son then turned his attention to me. I have a full Core Assessment report stating the allegations against me. The allegations did not involve the police, however it seems that Social Services are still allowing him to lie about me. My son should now be under adult services but when I have tried to ask about this it seems that they have no clue of who he is under, he now lives in a Barnardo`s run home which he is not happy with and has violent tendencies toward the support worker for the home. My son has a criminal record as long as his arm, and he is a regular drug user too. I have raised my concerns as a parent but I jut seem to be getting ignored and shunned to aside

For clarity your child is now over 18?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes he is

Then there is no action that you can take I am afraid other than follow through with your complaints
Your son is now an adult and you have no role to play in his life unless he wishes you to have such a role
The fact that he made such allegations falsely is not something that you can take action on.
I am sorry I know that this is not good news.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have put my complaint in with Social Services, up to stage 2 and when I tried to take it to stage 3 they said there was nothing more that could be done, can I not hold Social Services accountable for this? it is a shame that yet again Social Services have successfully ruined yet another family and split yet another family up and are allowed to get away with it.

Sadly no there is no other action you can take - they cannot be held accountable for the accusations made by your son
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, thank you for your help

kind regards

debbie

You are welcome - I just wish the news was better for you