Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I was driving between junction 25 - 28 on the M1 near Nottingham

Customer Question

I was driving between junction 25 - 28 on the M1 near Nottingham when the speed cameras above my lane flashed. I was over the speed limit but I would like to know if it flashed at me and what action is been taken against me.
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question.
When was this incident and how much over the speed limit were you driving?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The incident took place last night 5 March, when I checked my speed it looked around 80 plus. By the way you have my email details on record as I've used your services before.

Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian
Thanks for the additional information.
Ok, so if you have been caught speeding then the police have 14 days in which to serve the registered keeper of the vehicle with a ‘notice of intended prosecution’ (NIP), which will set out the details of the alleged offence. If you - or the registered keeper - haven't received a NIP within 14 days, you are likely to have either not been speeding or escaped prosecution. Please note that it could take slightly longer to reach you than the 14 days for reasons outside the police's control - so if you receive an NIP outside of the 14 days, read it carefully and check if the date it was sent was within the 14 day limit from the date of the offence.
With most offences captured by a speed camera, a fixed penalty of £60 is imposed – although this can be higher if your speed was significantly more than the limit. In addition to the fixed penalty, you will normally also be given between 3 and 6 penalty points, depending on the offence.
Anything above 6 penalty points will almost certainly be heard in court, due to the severity of the offence to justify such a punishment.
Re your email - we don't have access to your email, that would be the administrators of the site, rather than the individual experts.
If you have any further questions regarding the speeding please ask.
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian
Is there anything else I can help you with on this matter?
If not, I would be grateful if you could please ensure you accept or rate my answer.
Many thanks and good luck!