How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34233
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

/ Madam,My inquiry relates to the term 'no recourse

Customer Question

Dear Sir / Madam,
My inquiry relates to the term 'no recourse to the public funds' on my spouse and children
who has joined with me in the UK few months ago.
Can I as a husband qualify for the Child benefits, Child tax credit and working tax credit?
provided that Im a British citizen residing in the UK.
If I claim the benefits above, will they effect my wife and my children's ILR application in the future in any respect.
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards
Tahir Mirza
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Yes you can claim the relevant benefits for your children without it effecting future ILR applications
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Can I get this answer in writing, as I want to keep it in my records.

If yes then let me know, I will send you my address Details.

Kind regards


Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I believe that you can print this thread off - I am afraid we are not allowed other methods of communication.