12826847

I have an issue with the property management of the flat that

I have an issue with the property management of the flat that I'm currently renting.Due to a leak 6 months ago the bathroom ceiling gathered mould. The property management hadn't taken action for more than 4 months and a month ago they came in to replace the plasterboard but instead they had only rubbed it to remove the mould. They insist that they have replaced it, but numerous pictures shoe the opposite.
The landlady is aware of all these and we both trying to push them to replace the plasterboatd but they just make up excuses.
What's the best action?
I presume the landlady can't replace them without the permission of the property management?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not aware of that. She lives in NY so she has appointed a company to manage the property

I see.
This is a managing agent effectively.
Have you complained to Environmental Health yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No as I have been kind enough to wait.

The fact that the landlady has appointed an agent is not your problem. The plain fact remains that you are paying for a property which has mould. It is for the landlady to resolve the issues with the management agent.
You can complain to Environmental Health. That is free to do and also very effective if they take up the case.
If that fails then you can always do the work yourself and either withhold from rent or sue for the cost.
Another alternative is to seek a reduction in rent on the basis of disrepair. If the mould is severe then it would be worth doing so. Mould can be injurious to health apart from anything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The issue is that at the moment the mould has been cleared by rubbing the plasterboard, but that doesn't mean that it's not moulded from the inside