29905560

My company has deducted cost of flights to France up until

My company has deducted cost of flights to France up until April although I resigned 2 weeks ago , I told them by email not to book more flights , they carried on regardless ,
I also have tools that belong to them can I hold them until they pay back my wages ?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did your contract say they can make such deductions?
Customer: I had no contract signed
Ben Jones : The employer's deductions of these costs is likely to amount to unlawful deduction of wages contrary to the Employment Rights Act 1996 as it was not something allowed under contract and neither did the employer have your consent to make such deductions. You are able to pursue the repayment of these in the employment tribunal if necessary. In the meantime if you have tools of theirs you can try and hold them under lien until the debt is repaid. They could try and make a claim against you to try and recover these but if they do then you can just make a counterclaim for the money they owe you
Ben Jones : hope this clarifies your position?
Customer: Thankyou for your advice ,, can they send the police round too collect the tools or is it a civil matter ?
Ben Jones : This would really be a civil matter but the police can get involved To some extent for example to ask you to return the goods just to keep the peace so that things do not escalate. They may however just refuse to get involved as they would consider this a civil matter
Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether you need further help or if I can close the question? Thank you

Customer: I've wrote to the company and have not a satisfactory response yet can I leave this open , I might have to ask couple more questions ! Thanks